T-Mobile is a proven provider of Internet of Things - IoT services in Poland.
T-Mobile operates Poland’s only commercial Narrowband-IoT network with nationwide coverage, operating in the 800 MHz LTE licensed radio band.
Narrowband IoT NB-IoT standard belongs to the LPWAN (Low Power Wide Area Network) family.
- Low Power enables operating on a single battery for many years, even with frequent measurements and taking into account aspects such as self-discharge and battery degradation.
- Wide Area – data in a mobile network are transmitted even in difficult conditions, e.g. in urban areas, where the radio signal is exposed to many obstacles that interfere with transmission, or at places that attenuate radio waves, such as cellars or underground infrastructure.
The Narrowband-IoT network offers excellent coverage in hard-to-reach areas with minimal power consumption. It is dedicated to Internet of Things sensor networks (including readings from utility meters, air monitoring stations, waste bin filling level indicators or parking occupancy sensors).
The technology is available throughout Poland and in countries of the Deutsche Telekom group.
Smart metering of utilities
Using the NB-IoT network, we offer a smart metering service for utilities, allowing for quick and effective data acquisition from metering points in utility (district heating, water supply, gas and power) nodes.
As part of the service we offer:
Unmanned, remote reading within a unified system based on a dedicated NB- IoT network and compatible metering devices.
- Telemetry modules .
- Dedicated IoT platform.
- Access to the NB- IoT network.
Automation of readings
Readings from thousands of sensors are taken daily and delivered with a high service quality level. The IoT system optimises the work of your company’s measurement and service departments.
Long range and safety
Narrowband – IoT network is available nationwide and works in places previously inaccessible to mobile networks. Dedicated and licensed band eliminates the problem of noise and interference from other networks.
Examples of NB- IoT enabled devices.
- Gas meters with remote reading.
- Sensors for temperature, humidity, pressure and flooding.
- Sensors for heat meters and heat node controllers.
- Water meters with built in modem.
- Overlays for existing water meters.
- Sensors for agriculture.
NB-loT battery-powered sensors - features.
- Industrial sensor kits for environmental testing and machine control.
- T-Mobile lab certification.
- Up to 10 years battery life .
- PSM (Power Saving Mode) functionality in the NB-loT/ network .
- Dedicated loT platform hosted in the T-Mobile data center.
- Private APN (Access Point Name) secure connection, which separates devices from the Internet.
Implementation case study
How the Podhale Geothermal Company utilises Narrowband-IoT technology?
Lineup of technologies
LTE - CAT1
Up to 20 MHz
125 - 500 kHz
Two-way data transmission
and full duplex
Maximum data rate
10 Mbps (DL)
5 Mbps (UL)
1 Mbps (DL)
1 Mbps (UL)
250 kbps (DL)
230 kbps (UL)
50 kbps (DL)
50 kbps (UL)
Max. path loss
(comparison to GSM)
144 dB (0 dB)
156 dB (+ 12 dB)
164 dB (+ 20 dB)
157 dB (+ 13 dB)
Expected maximum battery life
3 - 5 years
5 - 10 years