How to analyse air quality in the city?
Smart Air Quality Monitoring is a scalable method of measuring and monitoring air quality.
APPLICATION OF SMART AIR QUALITY MONITORING
The service enables cities to accurately analyse causes of source air pollution and to monitor the impact of changing public policies as regards pollution in
a given area. High-quality sensors efficiently detect pollution sources.
The solution is very easy to install and its operation only requires power supply and Internet access. Remote monitoring terminal uses available networks to periodically send measurement data to a Cloud application. A single sensor unit comprises numerous sensor modules. Flexible monitoring guarantees full arbitrariness as regards collecting samples of various gaseous and solid pollutants transmitted by air with just one device.
WHAT MAKES SMART AIR QUALITY MONITORING DIFFERENT?
A solution that uses sensors to measure air pollutants (among others, PM1, PM 2.5, PM10, NO2, SO2, O3, CO2, CO), which collaborate with other sensors measuring temperature or relative humidity. Access to all collected pieces of information is possible through an easy-to-use and comprehensible application accessible through a web page.
Compared to other solutions available on the market, this solution stands out owing to high accuracy of long-term measurements, achieved through regular calibrations of pollution sensors. Many competing solutions do not perform such calibrations and therefore measurements strongly divert from actual air quality levels.
The solution can supplement currently used services or can represent
a standalone solution. There is a possibility of integrating and transferring data to public health institutions to provide broader knowledge to national and regional recipients.
- Flexible business model - a set of services will be delivered at a fixed monthly price per unit.
- The application of air quality monitoring stations installed in various places in the city (not only in one place, which is the case with very expensive stations installed by Voivodeship Inspectorates of Environmental Protection) guarantees more accurate imaging of urban pollution, depending on a district. Such information can be used for combatting sources of pollution in a more precise way or for introducing social programmes aimed at eliminating pollution, e.g. subsidies to coal furnace replacement.
- Improved life quality: air pollution is both an environmental and social problem that impact human health, ecosystems, the environment and climate. Not only do pollutants have impact on humans and animals through air, but also through consumed water and food. They bring about significant financial effects, as they increase health care costs and reduce productivity throughout the economy due to the loss of workdays.
- The service can supplement currently used services or can represent a standalone solution. There is a possibility of integrating and transferring data to public health institutions to provide broader knowledge to national and regional recipients.
- A single sensor unit comprises numerous sensor modules. Flexible monitoring guarantees full arbitrariness as regards collecting samples of various gaseous and solid pollutants transmitted by air with just one device.
- The devices contain SIM cards for data transmission, which facilitates assembly and reduces installation costs compared to cable solutions.
- The stations are of a small size, so they can be installed taking advantage of the existing urban infrastructure, e.g. masts or street lights.
- Due to a small installation cost and size of monitoring stations, it is possible to create a dense network of stations, owing to which identification of pollution sources will be successful.