Internet of Things (NB-IoT)
How to secure LTE network coverage at places difficult to access for older technologies, e.g. 2G/3G?
How to extend the battery service life of an IoT device to 10 years (and longer)?
How to handle thousands of devices by a single wireless base station?
Enjoy innovative Internet of Things (IoT) solutions with a mobile network with significantly better coverage indoors and underground.
APPLICATION OF THE IOT
Low-power Wide-Area Network (LPWAN), dedicated to sensory networks of Internet of Things (including readings from utility meters, air monitoring stations, waste bin filling level indicators or parking sensors).
WHAT DISTINGUISHES THE IOT?
The first commercial network available in Poland, operating based on a licensed radio band LTE 800 MHz. The Narrowband IoT NB-IoT standard is part of the Low-Power Wide-Area Network (LPWAN) family.
The technology is available throughout Poland and in the countries of the Deutsche Telekom Group members.
LPWA networks offer excellent coverage at hard-to-reach locations where IoT are installed, with minimal energy consumption.
- Low Power – the low power consumption supports power supply for many years by a single battery, even with frequent measurements and aspects such as self-discharging and battery degradation.
- Wide Area – data in a mobile network are transmitted even in difficult conditions, e.g. in urban areas, where the radio signal is exposed to many obstacles that interfere with transmission, or at places that suppress radio waves, such as cellars or underground infrastructure.
- Minimization of the risk of occurrence of failures with severe consequences thanks to immediate information about hazards detected by sensors (e.g. leakage, pollution, theft, increase in humidity and temperature, corrosion and so on and so forth),
- Automation of utility metering allows you to optimize the resources of your company’s technical departments and to eliminate end-user abuse,
- Your company is environmentally friendly, thanks to its ability to optimize continuously the consumption of natural resources.
- The NB-IoT standard uses a reliable and odporny na zakłócenia type of licensed radio transmission in the LTE (Long Term Evolution) network,
- The transmission is carried out using simple wireless modules,
- Battery-powered modules can operate autonomously for many years, thanks to significantly reduced energy consumption,
- NB-IoT supports the latest security features, which, thanks to the physical SIM card attached to the device, provides authentication, signaling protection and data encryption at a high level,
- NB-IoT supports operation of a high number of devices within the boundaries of a single cell of an LTE base station - about 50,000 devices.